Thursday, August 20, 2009

6 weeks old

It doesn't seem like it's been 6 weeks already since we were speeding and running red lights at 4:00 in the morning to get to the hospital in time but I guess it has been. Jackson is doing great. He is getting big and he has already changed so much. He started smiling last week which completely melts my heart. Last night I was rocking him and as he fell into a light sleep he started laughing. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He had a giant grin on his face and his body was shaking from the laughter.

I've always heard that around 6 weeks, babies start to get into more of a schedule as far as eating and sleeping. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but we're not quite there yet. It's still a guessing game when he'll be up and when he'll want to eat but hopefully we'll get a little more settled soon. I could definitely use more than 5 hours of sleep a night. It's not even 5 hours in a row, either. He actually sleeps pretty well for the first half of the night but then after he eats, he doesn't want to sleep unless he's being held. So I end up in this kind of uncomfortable half sleep sitting up because I'm worried about smothering him. I'm sure it will get better soon. He's so sweet and Eliza has been really good with him so far. Whenever he's asleep she'll say, "I go make sure baby brother is okay," which consists of her running over to him and putting her hand on his chest which usually wakes him up. Or if I leave the room for a minute, she'll say, "I keep an eye on baby brother."

Here are some unsuccessful attempts at getting a picture of Jackson smiling.









No comments: