Wednesday, October 14, 2009

5 years

Today is our five year anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already. Some people go on trips, some get away to a bed & breakfast somewhere....what did Matt and I do? Well, we didn't sleep in, we had cold cereal for breakfast, I did some grocery shopping, changed some diapers, tried to make Eliza take a nap (not successful, by the way), and folded some laundry. But you know what? It's fine. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. Life is good and I hope the next five years are as great as the last five have been.

By the way, I did not know that the five year anniversary is the "wood or silverware" one. Google suggested that a Bonsai plant is an appropriate gift. Matt is a big fan of "The Karate Kid" so maybe that's not a bad idea.

2 comments:

Aubrey Garff said...

sounds like our anniversaries! Life goes on whether or not you want to stop to celebrate! Congrats girl, you guys make a beautiful family!

Courtney said...

Congrats on the big mark! Your "celebration" sounds like what ours will be too!!! We can't stand a night away from Ethan to even think about a getaway of any kind. Glad you're happy.