Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Projects

Last week was the one year anniversary of buying our house! I actually can't believe how fast the time has gone. We have loved it here. We have a great ward and really wonderful neighbors and no major complaints about our house so I guess that's pretty good!

So after a whole year, we are FINALLY starting to decorate everything the way we (I) want it. Our walls have been bare for too long! I'm not much of a decorator, I mostly just copy things I see but it's been really fun. My friend Shelly introduced me to the wonderful world of vinyl decorations which I love! They are so easy to put on and look really nice, I think.






We're not done yet but already, everything is looking much better.

The biggest project was our kitchen. We had a huge plain wall behind our table that I never could figure out what to do with. So a couple of weeks ago, we painted it red! It took some getting used to but I really like the way it turned out. Just don't examine it too closely if you come over.



But the best home improvement by far is that we now have a piano! It's an electric piano so it's just a little bit smaller than a traditional one. We love it. It's actually really fun because it can sound like different instruments. I'm so happy Eliza discovered the drums. Although I feel like I'm learning how to play all over I am very happy to have a piano again! I've missed it. It's just a little crowded in our living room with it but I don't mind. Matt however feels like now is the perfect time to buy a new flatscreen to mount on the wall to free up some space. Ha! Nice try.

We love it! Thank you grandma!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, your house looks great! I love the stencils and the red wall; I'm so impressed with your "non crafty-ness" :)

Jillian said...

The red wall looks amazing! Great choice!

The Dabo's said...

Looks great! Where did you get that picture in your kitchen? Let me know on Facebook.

Aubrey Garff said...

LOVE the red wall! I love Vynal too but my walls are textured so it doesn't work! stupid textured walls.

shelly said...

It all turned out so super cute!

Emlyn said...

Everything looks so cute!