Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The best surprise ever

Matt came home from work yesterday with a HUGE surprise for me.


I have wanted Lasik surgery for a loooooooooooooong time. Matt must have gotten sick of hearing me talk about it. He set up a consultation for me and has already done all the research as to the cost and recovery. It means so much to me that he would sacrifice to give me something I want so much.

I got my first pair of glasses in 5th grade. I got hard contacts in 10th grade. About 7 years ago I started wearing soft lenses but I have never been able to wear contacts comfortably. My eyes are always red. I wear glasses a lot also but that's not my first choice. Also I have something called a pinguecula on my right eye. It is a small lump that happens to be located right on the edge of where my contact sits so it rubs all day long. I can't even explain how happy I am to have the option to never have to deal with these things again. It's not a for sure thing yet, it will depend on how my consultation goes on the 21st but I am beyond excited about this. A little freaked out (have you watched a Lasik procedure on youtube?) but mostly excited.

Thank you Matt. I love you.

7 comments:

Walter Family said...

What a sweet surprise! I'm so excited for you! I know tons of people who have done it and love it! That'll be so nice to not have to worry about contacts or glasses anymore!!

Kara said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so excited for you! I've heard great things about it!! I can't wait to hear how your consultation goes!! Such a good hubby!!!

Michelle Kelly said...

Dave loved getting Lasik. It was scary to think of the procedure but actually it was fast and painless. It was afterwards that was painful for dave. You will have to ask him the story. So excited for you!!

Tai and Joe said...

Oh man you are so lucky. I want to have surgery too. I will have to wait until we have all of our kids first doc says. Good luck!

The Dabo's said...

What a great husband! I hope it works out!

Jillian said...

That's awesome! I hope it goes well and you'll be able to see and live comfortably! I remember back at Brickyard you used to talk about wanting it so this is definitely good news! Good job Matt!! :)

Kristy said...

Yay! That is super exciting! :o)