Monday, August 27, 2012

Big day!


When did this girl grow up?  I swear it was yesterday she was going to preschool.  And now kindergarten! 

She could not be more excited.  That's the only thing that is keeping me from being more of an emotional wreck.  At least I know I won't have to drag her kicking and screaming.  That's the other child.  :)

I know she's not the first kid to go to kindergarten but she's MY first and it's hard.  It will be sad not having her around in the mornings.  Jackson is going to miss her like crazy.  

So yeah, I'm going to be THAT mother that cries as she walks into her school.  Oh well.  I can't help it.  But it's so dang early that I won't have any mascara on to ruin so that's good.  

She's going to do amazing.  She already reads at a first grade level. I can't wait to see how much she grows and learns this year.  

Could she be any cuter in her uniform?  I love this girl so much.




5 comments:

Our Family said...

She is so cute and she will have so much fun! Good luck with the transition. It may not make you feel better but sending my kids 1st grade was much harder for me :)

Little Beachs said...

She looks adorable!!!
I would cry also heck I would probably cry if Xelly went to preschool for a few hours.

The Dabo's said...

She's adorable! I never did cry when my kids left for kindergarten but does that surprise you?!

shelly said...

So precious and so perfect! What a sweet girl! She looks so cute!

Walter Family said...

How exciting! She is seriously so cute in her uniform! That's great she was so excited! I bet she's loving it!