Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mama's Girl

This will be my first real post on our blog. Last night at around midnight, I woke up and heard Eliza crying. It is a weird thing sometimes being a parent. Sometimes you wake up and hear your child crying, instead of hearing you child crying, causing you to wake up. Anyway, Eliza was crying harder than usual. Usually, when she cries at night, Emily or I(mostly Emily) will go put her binkie back in, pull her back to the middle of her crib, and give her blanket to her to snuggle. Last night, when I went to do those things, I am not sure why, but I was prompted to pick her up. This is usually a big no no because then she might think it is time to get up. I am very glad I picked her up last night because I noticed that she was very warm. We keep a heater in her room since it can get pretty chilly in there but I don't think that was causing Eliza's fever. I sat and rocked with her for a minute but she was really having a hard time calming down. Emily came in the room and after a frantic search, found some tylonol to give to her. Eliza was still pretty sad and really wanted Emily to be with her(I know some of you might think that this was an excuse for me to go back to bed, but it wasn't). I gave Eliza to Emily who rocked with her for a little while and eventually fell back asleep. Eliza really was a mama's girl last night and sometimes babies do need their mom to hold and snuggle with them. It was one of those crazy nights as parents that we experienced and made us closer as a family. There won't be a picture with this post because last night at 12:00, getting the camera was the last thing on our minds. Just to make sure I am not labelled a softy after people read this post: Big win by BYU last night taking it to Air Force in Colorado(wished I could have watched it, thanks MTN). Also, thank goodness the Jazz won last night because that would have put me in a really bad mood today.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I hope Eliza is feeling well....I'm also glad the Jazz won or my Matt would have been in a bad mood, too. :)

shelly said...

Poor Eliza. It is so sad when babies have a fever. I'm sure you are a great dad, but Emily is as good of a mom as there is, so it's no wonder that Eliza wanted her. :)

Lindy said...

I hope she is feeling better. I have to say that I cracked up when I read this...I was having major AF flashbacks of both you two. I know...AF and fevers have nothing in common. But nevertheless...! Matt, I'll never forget your great laugh!