Monday, January 28, 2008

New arrival!

My brother David and his wife Amanda welcomed a new baby boy into their family on Sunday, January 27th. Michael David Burton was born at 1:25 pm and weighed 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 in. long. He's a cute little guy and I can't wait to go visit him again. David and Amanda will be amazing parents and I'm excited for them to have all of the wonderful experiences that parenthood brings.




I also thought it was an interesting thing to have a new life brought into the world the same day that we heard the sad news that our prophet, President Hinckley, passed away. I know President Hinckley is with his beautiful wife again and so that is what I think of when I get sad that he is gone. It also shows me how precious children are and how much potential each of these little babies have. I wonder if President Hinckley's mother ever thought that her little baby would become a prophet of God. I wonder what Michael's life will hold. Hopefully all the happiness and love in the world. Congratualtions David and Amanda! Enjoy every minute of your new baby because it goes by too fast. We love you!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Congrats to his parents and to your family as well! :)