Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fun times

Last Sunday we were able to go to my nephew Michael's baby blessing. It was a great meeting and afterwards we had a fun open house at my parent's home. After trying unsucessfully to get Eliza to take a nap the only thing that would keep her happy was jumping on the trampoline in the backyard. At first I thought Eliza would be hesitant about it and that it might scare her but it was the complete opposite. If we would have let her run around on it for the whole afternoon she probably would have. The funniest part was when she would fall and get up and the static electricity would make her hair stand straight up.







On Saturday we celebrated my niece Mylee's first birthday. The party was at a fun little park in Syracuse. Like the trampoline, I wasn't sure Eliza would like going down the slides, but once again I was wrong. Matt and my dad were such good sports to take her up and down the slides over and over again. She loved it and even went down part of the way on her own. Mylee's birthday cake was an awesome Tinkerbell cake and they had tinkerbell headbands for the kids to wear. Eliza wouldn't take her headband off all night. The next day I tried to throw it away so she wouldn't tear it apart and put it in her mouth. But she got it out of the garbage can and put it on again and wore it the whole day. She is becoming so expressive. Anytime she recognizes or sees something that interests her she lets out a suprised "oooo!" and points to it over and over. It is so fun to watch her discover new things and really show off her cute personality.


2 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE the static picture :) She is too cute!!!
Christina

shelly said...

She is getting so big. I am loving those piggy tails!