Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another play date

My friend Shelly and I took Josh and Eliza to the zoo this morning. It was really crowded and not overcast like we thought it would be but still a lot of fun. Josh and Eliza were really good and liked looking at the animals (the ones that they could see from their strollers, anyway.) As soon as Eliza saw the carousel she started crying so we had to go buy a ticket for it. I know... I give in too easy. She cried the whole time we were walking through the line and was so happy when we finally made it. But, of course, the ride wasn't long enough for her and she started crying as soon as it stopped. We hurried down to the giraffes to distract her and it seemed to work. We also rode on the train which is actually pretty boring and uncomfortable. The only animals we really saw were a couple of very hot looking buffalo and a rabbit that I'm not sure was even part of the zoo. Oh, well. The kids enjoyed the ride. The gift shop was probably the best part for me and Shelly because of the wonderful air conditioning inside. Some of the little houses and areas inside the zoo are so humid! Here is Eliza holding her souvenirs. Thanks Shelly and Josh for the fun morning!




4 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness! She's getting so big and even cuter! :D We must hang out soon!

Courtney said...

You guys have the funnest playdates! I think it's hilarious that she loves the merry-go-round so much!

shelly said...

We had so much fun with you guys, thanks!!! It totally made my day to get out of the house and see you. It seems like we picked the hottest day of the week after all, but it was well worth it. Can't wait for the next one!

Tai and Joe said...

Hey you! I am so excited to see that you have a blog. Eliza is so cute. If you want any fun backgrounds go to my blog and I have tons of sites you can go too.

taiandjoe.blogspot.com