Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Baby Coming!

So a few of you already know but Emily and I would like to officially announce that Emily and I are expecting child #2. We had our 1st doctors appointment this morning and the doctor did an ultrasound and it brought back all of the memories of when Emily was pregnant with Eliza. Even though the new baby is just a little peanut right now, he/she was very active moving around inside. The doctor said Emily is about 10-11 weeks along and we are looking at a due date of July 6th. This is such an exciting time in our lives and we really feel blessed that we are able to bring another child into this world. Emily has been pretty sick lately and also very tired so it looks like I will be spending my nights watching sports alone after Eliza goes to sleep. This may be a little difficult to adjust to, not the watching sports part, but watching sports alone. Usually Emily blogs about Twilight and her dream man Rob while I yell at the TV during Jazz and Cougar games. In other family news, it appears that we have finally sold our condo and should complete the sale by Friday so we can officially start to search for a new home to live in. This has been a very frustrating process and we are are still cautious that things could fall through, but everything seems to be in good order this time. I really feel blessed that I have so much family that has supported us during this time in our lives and for a loving wife and daughter to come home to every night. I have been thinking about how sweet Eliza is and how much she means to me, even when she is throwing tantrums for no reason. I love to spend time with her and getting her to say funny phrases like "Boozer" during Jazz games or "Game Day" during BYU games. It always brings a good feeling to me at work when I look at pictures of Eliza and Emily and the best part of my day is when I walk through the door after work and get to see them. A lot of changes are coming for us searching for a new home to live in, a new ward to go to, and new neighbors and friends to meet. Child number 2 will be a big adjustment for us but we are up for the challenge and consider it a great blessing in our lives. Emily and I don't agree on any boy names so far and somewhat agree on a couple girl names but we will have plenty of time to find a name that we both agree on. Thank you to all of our friends and family who make a difference in our lives, even if it is the smallest thing. We love and appreciate all of you!

For those of you who can't read the small print, 2 pink bars=pregnant


This is the ultrasound picture. You can totally tell there is a baby somewhere on that screen.

12 comments:

Our Family said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. Keep us updated when you can.
-Jim and Alisha

Jillian said...

Holy smokes! Congratulations on baby number two and also on selling your condo finally!!! I'm so happy for you all! :)

shelly said...

I had a big smile on my face while I was reading this post. I am just so happy for you guys because you are such great people and I love to see great things happening in your life! Yeah! I can't wait to see how things unfold. I am still hoping that we'll be neighbors soon. Hang in there a couple more weeks, Emily, and all the morning sickness will be gone!

Lindy said...

Congratulations and congratulations! I have to say that being pregnant is one of the best things in the world....even when you're sick. Hang in there!

Luke and Nina said...

Baby #2 is a big adjustment... come to think of it though every kid is a big adjustment. I am so excited for you. I am glad that things are going well for you and your cute family.

Courtney said...

I had NO IDEA! Congrats! i'm so happy for you guys! yeah yeah yeah! good luck looking for a new place!

Courtney said...

By the way Em... next time you're on Nina's blog tell her I want an invite. :) Thanks!

Wheeler Family said...

Yay! So happy for you guys. What a beautiful family! Congratulations!

Aubrey Garff said...

Emily!!! I couldn't be more thrilled for you! I had goose bumps the entire time I was reading this. New babies are the best thing in the world! I wish I could be there to help you while you are sick. Know that I love you and am thinking of you!

Amanda said...

That is a very cute little bean you have there! I am so happy for you!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emlyn said...

Congrats! Woo hoo!