Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve we ate dinner with the whole family and had our annual chime playing extravaganza. I think we're getting better.

For as long as I can remember, we've had a breakfast at my grandparent's house on Christmas morning but we decided after so many years they deserved a break and so we had it at my parent's house instead. I was put on "pancake duty" which was my grandpa's job so it was a lot to live up to but they turned out pretty good. We only had a couple of casualties while I was attempting to flip them over. After we ate we opened a few presents and finally got Eliza changed out of her pajamas. She mostly got clothes from me and Matt which isn't terribly exciting but her grandparents gave her fun things. She got a big Elmo doll and a little picnic table from my parents. Matt's parents gave her some Elmo slippers and an Elmo doctor kit. We're hoping that will help her not freak out next time she has to get her ears checked at the doctor.

This Christmas was really fun to see Eliza a little more involved than last year. She figured out that she really likes opening presents and is willing to help everyone else with their packages. It's been nice this year too because my brother and his family that live in Phoenix are in town so we've gotten to spend the holidays with the whole family and they got to enjoy a very white Christmas.

No comments: