Friday, September 11, 2009

No wonder my arms are sore by the end of the day...


Jackson had his 2 month check up today. He is doing great and growing like crazy. He also had 3 shots which is never fun but he was a little champ and only cried for a few minutes.

Weight: 14 lbs. 11 oz.
Height: 24 1/4 in.
Head: 42 cm.

The doctor said he is off the charts in weight and at the very top of the chart in height and head size. So yeah, I think this kid is going to beat his sister with how fast he outgrows his infant car seat. And the really great news is we finally have a pediatrician that we love! He is so nice and I'm so glad my OBGYN recommended him.

Jackson is such a cutie. When he smiles his whole face lights up and it's contagious. The ladies at the doctor's office were all gushing over his dimples. He's a really good eater (obviously) and he's getting a little better at sleeping. For about a week he was sleeping for 7-8 every night but then he stopped. Now he'll usually go about 4-5 at night, then eat, then go another 3-4. That sounds pretty good but since I have a toddler that is up at the crack of dawn it's not quite the same amount of sleep for me. It's nice with a second child because I can keep telling myself it doesn't last forever. He's such a sweetheart and Eliza is too. She is always helping me and loves her little brother very much.

2 comments:

shelly said...

He almost weighs as much as Ella and she'll be 1 in a week. That's incredible! Maybe he'll be a football player for BYU!

Aubrey Garff said...

you will just get used to the no sleep thing. I figure for the next 5-7 years we (meaning me) will just get no sleep and then we will be done with the baby toddler thing.