Monday, December 7, 2009

Updates

It's been a while since I've posted and I know both of you that read my blog are dying for an update! :)

We've been mostly focusing on potty training Eliza and getting Jackson to take good, regular naps. The former is going pretty well, the latter....not so much. When Jackson was brand new he was always so spitty that I let him sleep in his car seat for a while and when I tried the crib he wasn't having it so I gave in and he's been sleeping in a bouncer chair ever since. Well, not only is he getting way too big physically for it, I figured it's gone on long enough and he needs to learn to sleep flat on his back in his crib. So it's not his fault, he doesn't know any different, but we're trying to teach him that's where he needs to sleep now. We'll see how long it takes.

Eliza has actually been doing great with potty training. She's been in underwear for the past three days and has only had two accidents. She's still in diapers at night and if we're going to be away from the house for more than 10 minutes but it's definite progress. I don't care what people say, bribery is a wonderful thing.

I guess I didn't ever post Jackson's 4 month stats from a month ago. He weighed 19 lbs. 13 oz. and was 26 inches long. He's still off the charts in weight and in the 99th percentile for height. He is a monster. I have never seen thighs as big as his. I love it! We'll see how big he is at his 6 month check-up in January.


Here a video of Eliza feeding Jackson. She always asks if she can feed him but if there is baby oatmeal involved, she dry-heaves the whole time. I don't know why she keeps volunteering.



Here are just a couple of cute pictures.


Tonight, Eliza and I went to my mom's work Christmas party. They had such fun things - face painting, a magician, balloons, cookies, and of course, Santa. She knows who Santa is and isn't scared of him but when she is put face to face with him, she kind of freezes up.






We're excited for Christmas and can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Thanks for the updates! :o)
Eliza and Jackson are so cute!

Courtney said...

As one of the two that reads your blog :)... thank you for the update! Jackson is the cutest little monster I've seen!!! Good job on the potty training!

Kristy said...

Jackson is almost as big as Micah who is 3 months older!! And I thought I had a monster on my hands ...

If you have a boppy pillow put that in the crib and have him sleep on it. He will get a little incline and be in the crib. Then eventually you can elimiate the pillow and he can sleep in the crib all by himself. When Micah gets sick we put the boppy in there and he sleeps great! Good luck in your fun ventures!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!