Friday, January 15, 2010

Six month stats

Jackson had his six month check up today. Can I just say how nice it is to go to a pediatrician that we don't hate? Dr. Buchanan is wonderful. Jackson is doing great except for his eczema. It's not too bad but living in such a dry climate with hard water doesn't help. He has a prescription cream that helps but he gets really bad red patches on his stomach and back. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, it just looks yucky. Eliza had the same issues and outgrew it so hopefully he does too.

Weight: 25 lbs. 5 oz. (completely off the chart)
Height: 28 in. (90 %)
Head size: 47.1 cm. (also off the chart...he does have sort of a big noggin)

When I told the doctor that Jackson doesn't really roll over yet (he will with a little encouragement) but sits up pretty well, he said, "Well, that's a lot of Jackson to get moving!" That made me laugh!

I love my little butterball. He makes our home so happy.

5 comments:

Kim McCann said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! You have a little Mikey on your hands. I think they always say that he was 25 pounds at 6 months! :) What a little chunk!! He is so cute!

Kristy said...

So cutest picture ever :o)
Isn't it fun having a super chunk for a baby? As for the super dry skin (my kiddos have it too) Aveno lotion or the Avon Intense Moisture cream have helped them tons. I was not a big fan of the perscription cream they gave Makayla. And a little baby oil in the bath tub helps a little too. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed too that he out grows it!

Liz said...

It's good to see Jackson being "off the chart" already...he's destined for greatness. :) Cute pictures!

Tai and Joe said...

Your little kids are so cute. We miss you guys too. The EQP before Joe was John Fryer. John is now 1st counselor in the bishopric. I was laughing my head off about Eliza giving kids the glare. She is so funny. We loved when she did that to Polly.

Courtney said...

I'm glad you have a kid off the chart! :) Adorable!!!