Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bike ride!

After a month of earning stickers for good behavior, Eliza finally earned her prize! Trust me, a month is like forever to a three year old! We've been wanting to get her a bike this summer but we felt like it was a fairly big thing and we didn't want to just go out and buy one for her. So we thought we'd introduce Eliza to the concept of incentives. Or you can call it bribery. :) Now she not only got such a fun reward but she is starting to learn that being good makes everyone happy.

We're still working on the whole coordination thing but she's doing pretty well. She's only ridden into a bush one time.


4 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I'm glad she was a GOOD GIRL and got her reward!!...CUTE BIKE!
I LOVE BRIBERY!!!

Jillian said...

I love that she had to work for it! I firmly believe in doing that for my kids, too. You can't just hand them everything they want! And that picture is adorable!

Walter Family said...

She looks so cute on her bike! Seriously, bribes are the way to go! It's the only thing that works for my kids! :)

James and Heather said...

She is darling! How did the bush survive? That's too funny!