Saturday, July 24, 2010

Birthday present to me

Yesterday I turned 30. That sounds strange. It doesn't really seem THAT old but it seems much older than saying you're 29. I've had a very blessed and happy 30 years, that's for sure.

About a month ago I decided to get serious about losing some weight. It was always in the back of my mind but I finally set a goal to lose 10 pounds by my birthday and I'm happy to say I did it! Plus one! Now, I wish I could say I was done but I've still got several more pounds to go but it's a great start! Thanks to Matt and the rest of my family for their encouragement!

8 comments:

Liz said...

30 seems scary to me too...I realized this year that 29 is always the age people say regardless of how old they continue to get. Maybe I'll be one of those people?? :) Hope you had a great birthday and congrats on the weight loss, be proud of your accomplishment!

Kara said...

Woo hoo check you out!! You are looking great!! Hope you had a great birthday!

shelly said...

Wow! That is so incredible! I have been trying to lose 10 for months, so I am SOOO impressed with you! Happy Birthday! Being 30 is great! :)

Amanda said...

Woo hoo, Em! Way to go, you're awesome :) And you look great!!

Courtney said...

OH MY HECK! Not only will we celebrate with a play date, we will celebrate BIG TIME with an AWESOME PLAYDATE for the big 3-0!

James and Heather said...

Yay Emily - that's awesome!!! I turn 30 in September... any words of advice on how to deal?

Walter Family said...

I didn't even know you had a blog until I saw it on someone else's! Haha! I'm a little slow! I hope your birthday was great!

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday! (late)

And I bet you look amazing! (You always do!!)