Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eclipse


Public Service Announcement - If you don't like the Twilight series or are sick of hearing about the movies, I suggest you stop reading now. Snarky comments will not be tolerated. :)

A couple of Saturdays ago, Moviefone put on a Twilight Night event in Fairmont Park. It was actually pretty cool. Only 12 cities in the country were selected to host one. Too bad they did such a poor job of advertising it.

My sister-in-law, Amanda, had her sister's family in town. Her 14 year old niece, Alicia, and I went together. Her mom and Amanda keep thanking me for taking her but if I'm being honest, I am SO glad she wanted to go! It was awesome. There were tons of free Twilight goodies. We got posters, a key chain, nail polish, a button, a bracelet, and a t-shirt. We got to walk the "red carpet" and have our pictures taken with Cardboard Edward and Cardboard Jacob. It had been a long time since I willingly made a fool of myself like that. :)

Later on in the evening, two of the stars of Eclipse (real ones, not the cardboard kind) came. Unfortunately we didn't have a VIP wristband but it was still really neat to see Charlie Bewley (Demetri) and Julia Jones (Leah Clearwater). Believe me when I say, both of them are beautiful in person! They didn't stay for very long but were kind enough to stay long enough to sign some autographs. I brought my copy of Eclipse (okay, I know I'm a nerd) and I was so excited that I got it signed by both of them. Alicia was even brave enough to ask Julia for a picture. Both actors were very gracious and nice to the fans that had come to see them. Here are a few pictures from our Twilight Night. It was great to relax and act like a total fangirl with Alicia!

















And yes, I absolutely wore the t-shirt when I went to see the movie.


4 comments:

Jillian said...

That sounds so fun! And you look SO cute!!

Christina said...

You're too cute!! You and Alicia are lifelong friends now you know! :)

Kristy said...

Looks like fun! Good for you. I still need to go see the movie ...

Tai and Joe said...

How much fun! I loved the movie. Joe and I got to see it in Seattle. I thought we were so cool.