Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just me and my Dad

Matt had the very fun idea of having a backyard camp out with Eliza Friday night. She has been SO excited the entire week. Finally the big day arrived! She helped dad set up the tent then they were off to the store to get "supplies." Those supplies included a Tinker Bell sleeping bag, graham crackers, marshmallows, and a Hershey's bar. Then we packed her backpack with everything she would need and took it out to the tent.




Keep in mind that we usually put Eliza to bed between 7:00-7:30 at night. I knew there was NO way she would fall asleep that early. It doesn't start to get dark until 9:30. So they had their s'mores and she played outside for a while. 8:30 rolled around and I thought she may be tired enough to fall asleep even with it still being light outside. No luck. It was noisy and just way too many distractions going on on top of her excitement of being on her first camp out.


I went outside around 10:00 to check on the campers and Eliza was still wide awake. So we decided that it would be just as fun to camp in the family room! We got her all set up on the floor and I sang her one more song and she fell asleep almost instantly. This is how we found her this morning.



So the camp out didn't go exactly as planned but she loved it anyway. Thanks Matt for being such a cute dad who loves to do fun things with your little buddy.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Such a fun idea! I bought the Just Me and My Dad book for Matt for Father's Day. :0) I love Little Critter!

Christina said...

What a fun Dad!!!