Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jackson's big day

It started at 6:00 this morning with mom rudely waking him from a peaceful night's sleep. We were the first case of the day which was wonderful. If we have to withhold food from Jackson, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. But eventually he did remember that he hadn't been fed and was still a little sleepy. Overall, he was great. We got him dressed in his little gown, had our visits with the doctor, nurse, and anesthesiologist and off he went! By the way, the anesthesiologist was so cute with Jackson. The nurse told us that he is great with kids and loves to hold them until they are asleep. That made me feel so much better. He was in very good hands. I know ear tubes aren't that big of a deal and I am very grateful that that's all we were there for but I was still anxious. 15 minutes later, Dr. Meads was back to tell us it was all done and Jackson did great.

The little boy that they brought back to us was NOT a happy one, however. I'm glad we had been warned of this. It's understandable that the anesthesia would make him feel all out of sorts. He was so sad! Inconsolable for quite a while but eventually he settled down at home and was able to have a nice nap and then some food!

We've got another antibiotic to give him for 10 days and some ear drops but I'm hopeful that once that is all done, our sweet happy boy will be back to normal! I'd love him either way but he is made to smile. It makes my heart happy to see him happy. Love this boy!

A HUGE thank you to Grandma McCann for getting up at crack of dawn to be at our house when Eliza woke up, which also happened to be at the crack of dawn. Sorry about that...

Here's some pictures of our adventure.





This is after the surgery. Look at that sad face! Poor little guy.


This is a few hours later. Happy boy again!


5 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay I am glad it went well for you guys, we will be there in a week and a half! Did you go to Primary Children's?

Jillian said...

Awww poor little guy! I'm glad he's ok, though. And anethesia does NOT agree with me so I totally feel his pain.

Isaac and Dallas said...

Yay I am so glad you will get your happy boy back and he wont be in pain form those darn ear infections. Poor kid

Amanda said...

I'm so glad that it's over and done with!! I hope his ear problems are over for good now! Poor kiddo.

shelly said...

I am so glad that it went so well! Your happy boy is back!