Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's day

I had a very happy Mother's day this year! I ate too much but what are you supposed to do when you get sugar cookies and donuts from church just for being a mom?

On Thursday Eliza had a gift for me that she made in preschool. I love things she does with her handprints on them because I always want to remember how she was at this age.


We went out to dinner with my parents and brother Saturday night to my favorite restaurant - The Cowboy Grub. YUM! And the kids weren't a complete nightmare so that was even better!

Sunday, Eliza surprised me with a homemade card and a candle that she picked out herself.


She must have liked my reaction to her first card so much because she ended up making about five more. She is the sweetest girl. Every time she surprised me with a new card she would say, "I just want you to know how much I love you!" Aww...






Matt and the kids also gave me a cute collage picture frame. I love it!

I am so thankful be a mom and for my own mother. I talk to her almost every day and there is no way I would have made it through pregnancy and raising my children to this point without her. I love being a mom despite the hard times. And days where the kids are extra sweet just remind me how much I love them.

I hope you all had a good mother's day also!

2 comments:

The Dabo's said...

I think I need to try The Cowboy Grub!

Jillian said...

Mmmm Cowboy Grub!

Happy Mother's Day!

Those cards are ADORABLE!