Monday, May 30, 2011

Please, no...


This can't be happening! Jackson has not napped in 5 days. Unless you count 10 minute periods of silence in between crying for two hours, which I don't. He has never been the best napper or sleeper from the beginning but the last little while he has been doing great. I could put him down around 11:30 or 12:00 and he'd maybe cry for a minute or two but then he'd sleep for two hours. What is going on? One day he just stopped napping but it's not because he doesn't need one. The poor kid has dark circles under his eyes all afternoon. I REFUSE to believe that he is really outgrowing his nap. He's not even 2!

I love him. I love him so much but I don't think I can handle not having a break from him during the day. And he's too young to understand "quiet time." Basically, giving him a quiet time would be putting him in his crib anyway. So I'm going to keep trying for a nap until I win. :) I really, really, really hope that this is just a phase.

If you would all pray to the nap gods that my little monster will start napping again, I would appreciate it. :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I have a great relationship with the NAP GODS! I've been praying to them for 3 years! I will be sending positive sleeping thoughts your way... and will put in a good work to "the gods." Wishing you the best!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

I'm PRAYING!!!

Jillian said...

Prayers sent :)