Saturday, June 4, 2011

Preschool program


I can't believe Eliza is done with preschool! Well, for this year. Because her birthday is in November she'll actually get two years of preschool. All her friends from primary will go into kindergarten this fall but her. She's a little sad about it but I'm not sure I'm ready for her be old enough to go to kindergarten yet! I'm sure she'll love being the oldest in the class next year.

Preschool has been the best experience for her. She has a wonderful teacher and has learned and grown up so much. Reading has been the biggest thing for her. She can now read about 20 sight words and is able to sound out many more. I am always finding her with a book somewhere picking out the words she knows.

Last Thursday she had her end of year program. Singing songs was one of her favorite things to do in preschool so she was VERY excited to show off all the songs she has learned. The weather was not ideal because of the wind but it was still a great program! I was so proud of her. I talked to her beforehand and told her to make sure and sing nice and loud so everyone can hear. She really took my words to heart! She sang her heart out up there and knew all her parts so well.

She was looking forward to her program SO much. For the last 6 weeks that is all she has talked about. Everyday she would ask me, "Mom, are you so excited for my program? Do you wish it was today?" After her official program, she came home and had me record her singing about 5 more songs that they didn't perform. I love that girl so much and I am so proud of how well she has done in school this year.


You Are My Sunshine


Mr. Golden Sun


Green Grass


Triceratops


My Mommy is a Baker


This is my Garden




2 comments:

Walter Family said...

That sounds like such a fun program! Eliza is such a cutie!! I kind of wish I had put Ashton in there, it seems like Amanda does an amazing job!

Our Family said...

She is adorable.