Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Let's see...

I haven't updated forever!  Nothing big to report.  We're still here keeping busy.

A few weeks ago Jackson BIT Eliza on the arm.  Full on bite.  For no reason.  What the heck?  This kid is going to be trouble.  He already is...I'm scared of what's to come.



Speaking of Jackson, we spent New Year's at my brother's house.  These pictures do not do Jackson's love for the dog justice.  I have never, ever seen a child act the way Jackson does around animals, especially dogs.  His entire face lights up and he is in heaven.  He would not leave Sage alone the entire time we were at my brother's house.  This is what he did the whole time we were there.  Eliza wasn't much different.  She LOVES dogs.




So...we are thinking about adding a new member to the family.  A fur child.  We have been looking at shelters around the valley looking for Jackson and Eliza's new sibling.  I had a dog growing up and loved it.  I think a dog would be great for him.  It would keep him busy, help him talk more, and have a friend to goof around with.  We're trying to get our fence finished and then we'll start looking more seriously.  We're looking for a medium sized dog.  We can't have too big of one because our yard isn't huge and we don't want to feel like we're living with a horse.  But we can't have a small one...the dog needs to be sturdy enough to handle Jackson.  

Wish us luck!


3 comments:

shelly said...

Those pictures are SO cute! I think it's so fun that you're going to get a dog! I hope you find the perfect one!

Michelle Kelly said...

Hooray for dogs! Marcus loves having a dog to play with. Except when he plays too hard and Marcus ends up in tears. Good luck finding a fun one!

Jillian said...

I think a dog is a fantastic idea! Good luck! :)