Monday, June 18, 2012



We had Jackson's IEP meeting today to get him all ready for preschool in the fall.  A couple of weeks ago I took him to the child development center to have him tested to see if he qualified for this "special" preschool.  And he didn't!  I couldn't believe it.  He was super uncooperative and was crying or hyperactive basically the whole time.  Hardly said a word.  It was obvious he needed extra help so they had me fill out an ITSEA test which measures behavioral issues as well.  And that got him in.  

So the plan is for him to go to the elementary school for preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays and then our neighborhood preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I hope it's not too much.  It's going to be a huge challenge for him.  And me.  But I KNOW it's what he needs.  He'll ride the bus to the elementary school.  Oh. My. Word.  That is not going to go well.  He's going to freak.  Just like he does anytime anything changes.  I'm hoping that if we take him to his school all the time and meet his teacher a few times, it won't be as traumatic.  But I doubt it.

It's hard because he JUST got used to his toddler class, which has been wonderful.   But now that is ending and we're going to have to start all over.  Nothing is easy with this kid.  Good thing I love him.  How sweet is that face?


7 comments:

Little Beachs said...

Oh goodness I hope it goes smoothly for you! I would be nervous about a buss at that age also but hopefully it will help him!

Michelle Kelly said...

Wow that's a lot but you are doing what's best for him. Loved Matt's comments about him in his talk yesterday :)

Walter Family said...

I hope everything goes well! That's crazy he has to ride the bus! Which elementary school is it? If it's Oquirrh, my kids can help him, they'd love it! He really is a cutie!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

He'll do GREAT!! He's done so well already. I bet he'll LOVE the school bus...

Emily said...

Thanks everyone. You're so nice to offer Janai! I'm sure Jackson would LOVE to go to school "with" Ashton. But it's at Majestic Elementary. He'll know Alex on the bus...hope that helps.

Kim McCann said...

Sounds identical to Mase. He'll do fine. They always get used to change eventually. :)

The Tews said...

I am nervous just reading this post! I have a hard time with change too so I feel for Jackson. :) Hopefully having Alex on the bus will help him! You are a good momma!