Thursday, July 5, 2012


  It's not Jackson's birthday until Sunday but we had an early party for him so most of my family could come.  I have to say...the majority of the time I try anything for the first time it just doesn't work out.  Recipes, crafts, anything.  So I was stressed about the cake I was attempting to make.  But I was so happy it actually turned out!  Minus the messy wax paper underneath...I couldn't get that out without destroying the cake. 







He loves his scooter from grandma and grandpa!  Can't believe this little stinker will be 3 soon.  


I actually did TWO things that turned out better than expected yesterday.  The cake and then this patriotic wreath.  I love the colors of July!






8 comments:

The Tews said...

Oh hello Martha Stewart! That cake was so COOL! Cute wreath too. :)

Walter Family said...

I'll have to find out how you did that cake! It looks amazing! I want to try to make that sometime! Great job on the wreath too! Fun birthday party for Jackson! I can't believe he is turning 3!!

Michelle Kelly said...

Amazing! You are too hard on yourself, everyone messes up the first time with crafts and recipes. Jackson is one lucky kid to have you as his mom!

The Dabo's said...

I need that wreath! So cute! Happy Birthday little Jackson boy~

Kara said...

I swear it was yesterday that you were a full nine month pregnant teaching Primary! I can't believe he's three. He is such a cute little boy!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

HAPPY. BIRTHDAY. JACKSON!!
Look at you!! LOVE the cake and wreath! You may need to make me BOTH!

Kristy said...

Ah pinterest, what would we do without you :) Looks like a fun birthday and the cake looks awesome!

Kristy said...

Ah pinterest, what would we do without you :) Looks like a fun birthday and the cake looks awesome!