Saturday, December 15, 2012

#3

Baby #3 is on it's way, arriving in June!

If you would have told me a year ago that I'd be making this announcement, I'd have laughed out loud.  Jackson has been SO hard in SO many ways.  And he still is but he's has been doing great in school and making huge progress.  And really, what child isn't challenging in some way?  

As much as we joked about being done with having kids after Jackson, deep down I knew we should have another.  But I was not going to jump into that until I felt like I could manage that and the ones I already had.  It seemed way too overwhelming for a long time.

I am so thankful for this opportunity to be a mother again to another special spirit.  I know many people who have not been blessed with this and I try to always remember what a huge privilege and blessing it is.  

I feel okay now.  Just bloated and bigger than I should.  For several weeks I felt like crap but thankfully that seems to have passed.  I have been wearing maternity pants since like 10 weeks.  So awesome.  I try to not look at the scale.  I don't care if I gain weight, I just don't think I should be gaining this much already.  Oops.

I go in next week for my second appointment and then we should have our ultrasound in January.  So excited for that!

Not so excited that we are basically starting from scratch with baby gear.  We'll need a car seat, crib, swing, bouncer, A VAN, changing table, etc.  And we'll need to figure out how to get Eliza and Jackson to share a room...

Here's the little one.  And ONLY ONE.  Yay!


Sorry, no belly pictures.  I haven't done it with the others, why start now?  I'm sure a few pictures of me looking like a whale will get taken here and there.  That's all the documentation I need!

8 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

YAY!! I am so EXCITED for you guys! Why do you have to start from Scratch again? Did Jackson demolish the crib and changing table? LOL...
I've always used a dresser as the changing table. That way you don't have to buy both.
Can't wait to see a VAN in your future!

Walter Family said...

I seriously kept forgetting you were pregnant because you always look so good and hid the sickness well! I'm so glad you feel better though! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Michelle Kelly said...

You look amazing Emily! I think it will be so good for Jackson to have a sibling and you are an amazing mom so this little one is so lucky!

Little Beachs said...

So exciting!! We have a changing table if you want it. We also just use a dressed.

Little Beachs said...

So exciting!! We have a changing table if you want it. We also just use a dressed.

Liz said...

Very excited for you! You make such cute kids, it'd be a shame to stop at two. :) I'm glad you were willing to look beyond Jackson's "rough patches"; I figure kids go through a bad phase either early, or later...he'll be a perfect teenager. :) Congratulations!

Our Family said...

Congratulations Emily!!!! Great news! Your kids really are adorable, glad another one is joining the mix.

Jillian said...

Oh so much fun! Don't you just love the bloating and feeling ginormous! Don't worry about feeling big-I hear after the first, each pregnancy, you just get bigger earlier. :)