Friday, May 24, 2013

Weekend getaway

We made a list of things we wanted to do this summer and one of them was to go on a little getaway with the four of us before the baby is born.  Of all the random places, we ended up going to Manti last weekend.  I love it down there...I went to Snow College and have nothing but great memories of those little towns.  Sure, it's no Disneyland but we had a BLAST!  It was raining and overcast most of the time but luckily, almost all our plans were indoors.

On the way down, we went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  The kids were so entertained the whole time!










Then we went to the brand new Provo rec center for some swimming.  I was super excited to get myself into a bathing suit, let me tell you.  Reminds me of that line in "Mrs. Doubtfire" when Pierce Brosnan's character asks Mrs. Doubtfire if she wants to get into the pool, "Oh no, dear.  I think they've outlawed whaling."

After the pool we made the rest of the drive to Manti.  The kids were so good in the car.  We walked around the Manti temple and enjoyed the sunshine for a little while.  We ate dinner at a fun pizza place in Ephraim and then went bowling.  Eliza bowled a 121!  Granted, she had the bumpers up but still...she was awesome.  She even got a strike without using the bumpers at all.  





After all that, the kids were beat and it was bedtime.  In the morning we headed out and drove home.  We decided to do one more thing before we ended our weekend.  We went to the Living Planet Aquarium.  What a cool place!  Once again, the kids were entertained the whole time we were there.  







Such a fun time!  I'm so glad we could get away for the weekend before we we'll be bringing a newborn everywhere with us!   

4 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

HOW FUN!!
Some of the BEST getaways are close to home!
Looks like the kids had a BLAST!
Can't wait for that BABY!!

Liz said...

I love Manti! It's the only place (that I can remember) that I've seen a cow just hanging in someone's front yard. Your Ms. Doubtfire comment made me giggle...so excited for baby#3! :)

Jillian said...

I hear ya on feeling like a whale! You're super close though right?

Walter Family said...

Such cute pictures! I'm so glad you guys got to do that before the baby comes! It looks like so much fun!!