Monday, April 22, 2013

8 more weeks

I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by!  We have so much to do still - maybe that's why it's been so long since a blog post. It hasn't been on the top of my list.

I have days when I'm really excited for another baby...most days I'm more nervous than excited though.  It's been almost 4 years since we've had a newborn.  I'm out of practice!

This has been a good pregnancy, just like the other two.  Nothing dramatic or awful.  Just the normal sickness at the beginning and the normal uncomfortableness from now to the end (hopefully...).  I do feel like I've been much more emotional this time around.  I should probably apologize to Matt.  Or maybe I'll wait until the sleep deprivation turns me into a real nut case.  Then see which me he prefers.  :)

The kids have been big helps getting everything ready.  And they have been very patient with me on the days I have ZERO energy.  They are VERY excited for the new baby!

I am starting to see the doctor every two weeks which makes it all go by even faster.  I am going to talk to him about possibly being induced a few days early.  Not because I want her here on a certain day or because of any reason other than I don't want to give birth in the car.  Which is what I thought was going to happen with Jackson.  I was shocked with how fast he came considering how long it took with Eliza.  I didn't have one contraction (not even braxton hicks) until my water broke and my contractions started out at 1 minute apart.  I went from 4 cm to 9 in the hour (or less) it took to get my mom out here and drive to the hospital.  Yeah, I don't want to chance it again.

So...we'll see how the next two months go and cross our fingers we get everything done in time!  


4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

You look amazing and I can't wait to see the little cutie! I also can't wait to see Eliza with her little sister, she is going to be the best little mommy!

Walter Family said...

That's so great time is going fast for you! I can't believe it's so close! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Jillian said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Liz said...

I don't know why you don't want to give birth in the car, but whatever. :) So excited for you guys! xo