Monday, May 12, 2008

18 months old

On Saturday Eliza turned 18 months old. I can't believe it! Sometimes I still feel like she is a baby because I can't believe how fast it has all gone by. She's definitely not a baby anymore. She's growing up and turning into an adorable little girl. Here are some of the things that she has learned and enjoys:

- Can say mama, dada, kitty, duck, juice, eye, shoes, banana, and the letter "A" (well we can understand her but others may not)

- Loves Baby Einstein movies. She'd probably watch them all day long if we let her

- Knows the actions when we sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam"

- Can make the sounds for car, dog, cow, pig, tiger/lion, and monkey

- Knows the signs for mommy, daddy, more, milk, cereal, blanket, and baby

- She has twelve teeth! Including 4 molars coming in all at once

- She rolls her eyes (my mother in law told me to get used to this)

- She went to nursery for the first time yesterday. She stayed for snack time and singing time

- I've never seen a child who loves books as much as Eliza. She LOVES them. I'm so glad we discovered the library near us

- Can point to her hair, eyes, ears, nose, teeth, tongue, mouth, fingers, tummy, belly button, toes, knees, shoulders, and feet

- She's still just as good as ever at making a mess at dinner. Mashed potatoes have become a new favorite for her. I guess she likes the way they feel squishing through her fingers. Yuck!




There are so many other things that she has learned and still learns every single day. I love just watching her discover new things. We are so blessed to have her in our family and she brings more happiness to our lives than we thought possible. We love you Eliza!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh she's so smart!! I love that she loves to read! Sounds like her mama! You guys are great parents and that shows in your beautiful little girl! :) See you tomorrow!

shelly said...

Wow! She is so smart! Not only is she smart, but those stories you told us on Wednesday still have me laughing...she has such a fun sense of humor. Looking back it seems like we've been moms forever, but the time is really flying by!