Sunday, May 25, 2008

Surprise date night

When Matt got home from work Friday night he surprised me with tickets to go see the new Indiana Jones movie and dinner reservations at Tucci's. When I asked him what we were going to do with Eliza he said he had already arranged with my parents for them to tend her. I was so surprised! It had been a long time since we'd had a nice date night. It's silly but I usually still get a little sad when we leave Eliza but as we drove away, she was helping grandpa water the flowers in the front yard and didn't even notice us leave. She loves being at grandma and grandpa's house. They have so many fun toys and a big backyard for her to explore. And she can always get grandpa to take her out to jump on the trampoline. All she needs to do is grab his finger and look up at him with her pleading eyes and it's all over. We feel so lucky and blessed to have both sets of grandparents so close by. Eliza loves spending time with them.
The movie was pretty good - not nearly as good as the original ones but definitely entertaining. After it was over, we remembered why we don't go out to movies more often. It never fails that we end up sitting by obnoxious people. You know the type. There's the person who talks throughout the movie either asking questions or stating the obvious. Or there's the type that laughs way too loud at parts of the movie that aren't really all that funny. Both types of movie go-er annoy me to no end. Oh, well. Maybe that's why movies are so darn loud these days - to drown out the obnoxious people. Dinner afterwards was great. We kind of have a tradition of going to Tucci's either on Valentine's Day or for our anniversary. It's a little pricey but well worth it every once in a while. Too bad there is only one location left and it's all the way downtown. If you ever go there, you can not leave without ordering the Spinaci. It's the best spinach and artichoke dip you'll ever eat. Homemade chips....yum!
Thanks to Matt for making my day with his great surprise! We had a really nice time and it was so thoughtful of him. Love you!

4 comments:

shelly said...

Way to go, Matt! I'll have to get Rich to read this post and take a hint. I agree about movie theaters...I always sit by the stinky, loud people. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'd want to attend a movie with me then. I would probably be placed in the laughing too loud at not very funny things category. :) Oh, well. It sounds like things are going well for you. That's fantastic.

Courtney said...

Great job matt! That's so sweet!... Maybe I'll leave the computer on your site for my husband to see! :) Our anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks. Do we think he will come through with a little something? Summer break will be here soon-- can't wait to get together a little more.

Corpuz Family said...

Matt has always been the romantic type. I remember back in High School when he used to do that kind of stuff with the ladies.