Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Exciting Times

It has been quite a while since Emily or I have had the chance to post on our blog. One reason is because we don't have internet access at our new house yet. We are hoping to get access sooon so we can post some new pictures of Eliza and our house. It is very nice having a house and especially a garage to park in. The commute really isn't bad either which is good. The biggest issue we are having right now is Eliza and her new bed. It is quite the adjustment process for her sleeping in a bed instead of a crib. She is doing very well but her nap times have been cut in half, we think due to it being lighter in her room and her ability to get out of bed by herself. A couple nights ago she came walking into our bedroom at 4am saying, "I'm awake! I'm awake!" We do have a video moniter now so we can see if she has gotten out of bed. Overall though, Eliza is doing very well. She is such a sweet girl and last night had Emily and I laughing while she was singing,"When my mommy calls me, do my best everyday(quickly I obey)". We all had a good laugh and then made rice crispy treats. Eliza loved throwing the marshmallows in the pot but didn't really understand the concept using the cup to put in the rice crispies because she wanted to do it 1 handful at a time. We had a good time together making them and really enjoy the space we have in our kitchen.
The people in our new ward seems to be very nice too and we think we will be able to fit in very easily. My BFF Steve's older brother Doug is in the ward and also a guy I grew up with is in the ward so that makes for a pretty easy transition.
Right now is also March madness. This has to be the best part of the year. Taking the first 2 days off for the tournament to watch basketball all day is the best decision I have every made and I highly reccommend it. Hopefully the Cougars can pull one out finally(16 years is too long of a drought). Church basketball is in full swing as well and I have a game tonight in the semifinals. A lot is going on and we are very happy with life.
Finally, time is literally flying by and the new baby will be here at the beginning of July. We talked about names again last night for the first time in a while. We still don't agree on anything but eventually we will come to a comprimise and maybe even create our own unique name(not really). Emily still really likes Will and I still really like Dillon. We will post pictures as soon as we can of everything that has been going on.

4 comments:

shelly said...

I know how you feel about the toddler bed! Josh played in his room today instead of taking a nap. But, what can you do? They can't stay in a crib forever. I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going great with the new house/neighborhood! Can't wait for our first get together as neighbors. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey what about Willon? Or Dill? Haha!

Jillian said...

Yes, pictures please! So excited to see the new home!

Aubrey Garff said...

we've been doing the toddler bed thing with Nora. The best advice I have is to turn the door knob around so the room is locked. When she is tired enough she will fall asleep either in the bed or on the floor. Soon enough she will learn that the bed is more comfy. We learned this from a love and logic class that we took and it has saved us!