Thursday, July 2, 2009

Anxiously Waiting

So Monday is the official due date but tonight when I left work today, I added my "out of the office" email response and voicemail saying I would not be back in the office until July 20th (love the 2 weeks paternity paid leave). I really would hate to have to go back into work on Monday if this baby doesn't come. I really need a break from work. I think Emily and I are both ready. We are trying to make plans for this weekend but have to do so with a contingency that we can only do stuff if the baby doesn't come. Tonight was Classic Roller Skating night, which is the best $2 you can spend to please a 2 year old. Eliza won't let me hold both her arms while we rollerskate anymore but will only hold one of my hands. She is so independent and it can be very frustrating at times. Although, it took 20 minutes to get around the rink, she can do it by herself with only a couple falls. In order to talk her into leaving, we had to buy her a candy bracelet. She is such a candy junky like me.

I think tomorrow we are planning on a bbcue at the Burton's as a pre 4th of July celebration. It is always nice to get together with family and there is not a lot of better things in life than a sunny, warm evening and a bbcue with family. Eliza especially likes it over there because she gets to jump on the trampoline. If Emily hasn't started having contractions, we might just let her jump on the tramp as well. On Saturday, I am going to let Emily sleep in and Zi and I will go to the Stake breakfast in our area. Since she gets up at 7am anyway, and she struggles eating breakfast at home, this should be a good idea.

Everything else around here is pretty normal but it is amazing how fast time flies. I was walking through the house this morning and still had a hard time believing that this was actually our house and that we are going to be here for the long term. So far, we really like our ward and teaching primary makes me both excited and scared for when Eliza is 8-9 years old. Only 64 more days until the BYU Oklahoma game down in the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. It will be really fun to see all of my cousins that I grew up with. It doesn't hurt that they some of the funniest people that I have ever sat through a sporting event with. We used to go to Bees games together and used to heckle the players and remind them why they were still in the minor leagues and not making the big money. It should be exciting.

Everyone hope that the baby gets here soon. We are bored sitting around watching reruns of Scrubs and Seinfeld everynight. We would much rather have the newest Jazz/Cougar fan here with us to hold and feed. Maybe soon.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'll cross my fingers for you!!! That anticipation and endless waiting is the WORST! Good luck with everything!

Jillian said...

Good luck with the waiting! I know it's hard! But definitely keep us posted :)

Kristy said...

Hang in there you two!! I hope that he comes soon and quickly!! good luck and get pictures on here as soon as you can :o)