Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to work

Matt's two weeks of paternity leave is over and so I am on my own starting today with a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old. I am so thankful to have had Matt around during the day for so long. So far, things have been going pretty well. We've had a couple mishaps but nothing too bad. I was trying to do too many things with one hand and while trying to make Eliza a peanut butter and jam sandwich while holding Jackson, I dropped a big glob on strawberry jam on his foot and he freaked out. I guess it was a little cold. Sorry buddy! Eliza thought it was hilarious. Also, Eliza had put her toy train engine that she borrowed from Grandma on the back of the couch and when I sat down, it fell off and clocked Jackson in the forehead. Okay, so maybe I'm not off to the best start but I'm sure I'll figure this out. They are both so sweet and good natured. Matt and I feel so blessed to have such happy, healthy children who we love so much.


We were able to do a lot of fun things with having Matt home for so long. Last Thursday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. Eliza loves temples and she was really excited to go. In the car she kept saying, "Let's go to the house of God." And when we walked through the baptistry she wanted to go swimming. I'm sure with all the thousands of people who have walked through it, there was at least one child who got in the water. Thankfully it was not ours. It is a beautiful temple and we're excited to have it so close to home.


Speaking of swimming, the one thing we really miss about our condo is the swimming pool. We decided it would be fun for Eliza to go again so Matt took her swimming on Friday. She was kind of scared of the water at first but after a little while she was fine and had a great time.


Thank you Matt for all your help and support. We love you!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

You guys were so lucky that both of you could stay home to adjust to having TWO kiddos at home! He's a cutie! Glad you're hanging in there.

Aubrey Garff said...

My little Ivan keeps insisting that we name this baby Jackson if it's a boy. I don't know where he got it. That's funny