Monday, July 11, 2011

2 years old!

Jackson turned two on Friday! We had some family over on Sunday to celebrate. Thank you to everyone for coming and for the fun presents!

We all went bowling on his birthday which turned out to be not such a good idea. He only wanted to to chase the ball down the lane and was not happy with us when we wouldn't let him. We also has has 2 year check up on his birthday. I felt really mean doing that but it turned out that he didn't need any shots this time so it worked out.

Here are his stats -

Weight: 29 1/2 lbs (70%)
Height: 34 1/4 in (50%)
Head: 50 1/2 cm (85%)

He is doing great and is right on track with everything except his speech. He still doesn't say anything except mama and that's only if he's in a good mood and we prompt him to do it. So the pediatrician thinks he needs have some therapy. I'm all for that because this poor kid gets SO frustrated when we don't know what he wants so the sooner he starts talking, the better. We need to talk to the school district and see how young of children they will work with.

Jackson can be such a sweetheart and he gives the best snuggles. He loves to play with his sister and he loves to climb on anything and everything. I think once he starts to communicate better he will be a happier child. I had no idea my two children would be so different. Eliza started talking early and has always been very mellow, content, adaptable...all those things. Jackson is the opposite. But I love him. There are just some days I need to go in his room after he finally falls asleep and watch him sleeping so peacefully to remind myself that I really do. :) Our family would not be complete if he weren't in it. Eliza loves her little brother and he's daddy's little buddy. Love you Buster!





6 comments:

The Dabo's said...

call me. i know all about the speech therapy through the school district. alex is going through it now. i swear its just lazy lazy boys!

Michelle Kelly said...

He is a cutie, even though he is a terror. I agree with Jamie, boys are lazy, Marcus just started crawling at 11 1/2 months.

Kim McCann said...

Mason was 19 months when he started early intervention thru the district. Call them right away though because it can take a while to get started! Good luck! :)

Our Family said...

He is such a cute kid!!! Ethan got the same thing when he was two (he barely said ten words or so). We waited 6 months and he exploded in vocab in those 6 months. BUT if you go through the school district they are amazing and do an incredible job (a lot of my friends have done that). I personally just think boys are slower in many areas of early development :)

Kristy said...

I also agree about calling the school district for Early Intervention. It made a HUGE difference for Makayla. They speech therapists even come to your house :o) You can't beat that! If you have any questions about it let me know because I have been there and done that :o)

shelly said...

I love the picture of him getting on the toy before it's out of the box...so classic! I feel you on the speech issues, been there (and still there)! It will all turn out great, I just think boys (and all kids for that matter) like to do things at their own pace! But from reading your other comments, I guess it's way more common than I thought! Wow, that makes me feel better about my Josh. :)