Monday, July 18, 2011

Cabin

Last week we got to spend a few days at a friend's cabin. It was so nice to get out of the heat and just take a few days to relax. Well, relax as much as we can while keeping Jackson from destroying the cabin or escaping.

My family LOVES fishing. As long as I can remember we have always gone fishing but we are cursed. Somewhere in our family, someone must have done something to upset the fishing fates because we rarely catch anything. Between all my siblings and my dad, I bet they went fishing 15 times and spent HOURS there. By the end of the trip, Eliza's four year old cousin had caught one. My older brother caught two and my younger brother caught one. And they cheated so those don't really count. :) Oh well, it's still one of our favorite things to do as a family. Here is Eliza trying her luck.



My dad taking some of the grandkids.


We also brought up some cupcakes to celebrate Jackson's birthday with my side of the family.





The weather was perfect! We had an awesome thunderstorm Wednesday night but most of the time it was in the low 70s.



Snow in the mountains

Eliza and Michael. She is borrowing his jacket...

2 comments:

Walter Family said...

I love your pictures, it looks beautiful there! What a fun little getaway!

shelly said...

How beautiful! Sounds like the perfect break!