Thursday, July 7, 2011

NKOTBSB


After 21 years of loving them, my dream of seeing New Kids on the Block live came true! I only had to drive 425 miles to do it. First of all, the weekend could not have been possible if it weren't for Matt willing to take me and my parents willing to tend. Thank you so much!

We left Sunday morning and drove all the way to Las Vegas, only stopping for gas and lunch. We arrived with a couple of hours to kill and if it hadn't been 112 degrees, we might have ventured out more but we opted to stay indoors. The concert was at Mandalay Bay so we parked and spent our time walking around and people watching. We had a yummy dinner at Shanghai Lilly and then I got in line. There were SO many people! I had to laugh because The Backstreet Boys were performing with the New Kids and as I looked around, it was easy to tell who was a fan of which band. I was at least a good 10 years older than the BSB fans. :)


Once the doors opened I got in line for the merchandise stand. I was on a mission! I got a program, a t-shirt, a big ole 80's button, a key chain, and an autographed CD. Jordan Knight not only signs some CDs to sell before each show but he kisses them!




This is Danny Wood's custom Harley that he's raffling off. All the money raised from it goes to the Komen foundation to find a cure for breast cancer. His mom passed away a few years ago from breast cancer. Awesome cause! Last I saw it was up to about $45,000.


I bought my concert ticket from KSL. It was upper bowl but row K. I thought, row K, that's probably about the middle of the section...not too bad. Apparently the section is only rows A through K. I was the VERY top row! Once the opening act started there were empty seats at the front of my section so I moved down along with three other women. It made dancing and singing along to all the songs much less embarrassing when I was next to other people!

What can I say about the concert? It was unbelievable. I did not stop smiling the whole time. There was a perfect mix of new songs and the classics. And let me tell you, those guys have not slowed down one bit. The show was over two hours with very little down time. Soo.....get ready for a picture storm! Here we go!

The stage was SO cool!










They went out into the crowd during "Tonight."

Joe is holding his oldest son. He helped sing "Tonight." SOOO cute.

Nick Carter and the Knight brothers



Encore - Hangin' Tough





I took five videos but after two hours last night, I still hadn't been able to load ONE. I guess they're a little big for the blog. If I can make them smaller I will post them later.

The whole trip was spontaneous and crazy and not at all like me. BUT I'm so glad that I did it! I would have regretted it otherwise. Thanks again to Matt for being a good sport about it. And no, I am not mad at all that he didn't go to the actual concert with me. I made some friends and had a blast! And also thanks again to my mom and dad for taking the kids. They loved it.

My seats weren't the greatest and my camera's zoom could have been better but I have nothing but beautiful memories now! I loved it!

7 comments:

The Dabo's said...

New Kids on the Block? Never heard of them?

Michelle Kelly said...

I love that you did this! One thing to check off your bucket list. It looks like an amazing concert. Really Jamie?

Walter Family said...

How awesome!!! It looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you got to go do that!!

Liz said...

I totally remember your New Kids love; so I love that you went to the concert! I'm glad you had a great time; looks like a good show. What I don't like? That I didn't get to say hi while you were in town (shaking head). :)

James and Heather said...

I'm so jealous! It looked like a total blast and I'm sad that I missed out on the fun!!!

Jillian said...

So glad you had fun!

shelly said...

I totally forgot to ask you how it went when I emailed you before! I seriously think it is SO awesome that you did this! And you made friends at the concert, that is so cool! I loved all the pictures. Wish I could've been there too!