Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's day

Instead of posting about my Mother's Day (which was awesome), I want to post about my mother.  Her birthday is always around Mother's Day.  This year, it's the day after.  I feel like sometimes it all gets lumped into one.  Which I'm sure she is fine with but I wanted to tell her happy birthday (because I know she checks my blog everyday to see if I've updated - which isn't very often).  

I am the only girl in my family so I feel like my mom and I have always been pretty close.  But as I've become a mother myself, I don't think we've ever been closer.  We talk nearly every day and she is the first person I think to call when I need advice.  I honestly don't know how I would have made it through pregnancy and beginning to raise children without her.  She always makes time for me and my kids.  She is a good listener, generous, easy to talk to, loving, nurturing, talented, smart, and beautiful.  There is no one I'd rather go to dinner, go shopping, or just hang out with.  

I admire my mom for so many things.  First, she raised me and my three brothers in the gospel.  My dad was either the bishop, in a bishopric, or on the high council and yet she got us all to church every week and made sure we always went to our activities.  When I was about 10 years old she went back to nursing school.  I will never know how she did that, raised a family, and got straight A's. She is a great teacher and has patiently taught me so many things in my life.  

I don't want to make this so TOO sappy so I'll end by saying I love my mom.  She is my best friend and I hope that Eliza and I can have the same relationship that I have been blessed to have and that I can be as good of a mom to my kids as she was to us.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  

No comments: