Saturday, June 14, 2008

Play date at the aquarium

My good friend Shelly and I decided that we are both desperate for things to do during the day with our kids so we had our first play date on Friday. We met at the Sandy Aquarium in the morning and crossed our fingers that Eliza and Josh would be happy. Even though they both wanted to get out of their strollers the whole time they still seemed to have fun. I think Eliza's favorite part was when she got to lean over a little pool and pet the stingrays (the non-dangerous kind, I'm sure) as they swam by. Well, she mostly just splashed in the water and inadvertently petted them a few times but seemed to like it. We also enjoyed looking at the jelly fish and the other brightly colored fish. It was a fun morning and really nice to get out of the house for a little while. Shelly is a great friend and since Josh and Eliza are close in age we go through a lot of the same things and it's so nice to have her to talk to about everything. Eliza and I are looking forward to our next outing. We had a fun day!


3 comments:

Lindy said...

That sounds like fun. I hope you guys are doing well - I enjoy reading your blog. Say hi to Shelly for me, too. I tried to visit her blog, but it was locked!

shelly said...

Thanks for the fun time, it totally made my day to get out of the house with you guys. I am already looking forward to the next time! Josh seems to be sleeping a little better so hopefully he won't be as grumpy next time we go out together. :)

Amanda said...

I had no idea we had an aquarium, looks like fun! By the way, I tagged you, see my blog for details :)