Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tim McGraw

On Friday night Matt and I went to the Usana ampitheater to see Tim McGraw in concert. It was awesome! I had never been there before but it was kind of fun just sitting on the grass on blankets. He put on a great show! They did a lot of new songs that I didn't know but he also sang lots of his classics. Being at a country singer's concert I knew we were bound to see our share of drinking, tight Wrangler jeans, huge belt buckles, and cowboy hats and we weren't disappointed. I wish I had my camera out to catch a picture of the hillbilly that was also there. This guy had on overalls with no shirt underneath (he was not a small man either). Whatever's comfortable, I guess.
Probably the funniest thing that happened was when we asked the lady sitting behind us if she would take our picture. We knew she and her husband had had a few beers but now I wonder how many she actually did have. Matt handed her our camera and showed her which button to push. She held it backwards at first and very nearly took a close-up picture of herself. After Matt turned it around for her she pointed it at us and pressed the power button instead. She didn't know she had just turned it off instead of taking a picture and handed it back to us saying, "Okay, there you go!" Matt politely said, "I'm not sure the flash worked, can we try it again?" He then gave it to her husband hoping for better luck. Her husband held it the right direction at least, but instead of holding it out a few inches from your face like you're supposed to do with a digital camera so you can actually see what you're taking a picture of, he held the corner of it right up to his eye like with a point-and-shoot camera and snapped the picture. We thanked him and thought we'd just go find someone sober to take it but the picture actually turned out okay.



Anyway, it was a really fun evening and a good concert. If you ever get the chance to see Timmy in concert, he puts on a really great show. Oh, and thank you to grandma and grandpa for tending Eliza and thank you to Eliza for actually going to sleep for them.


Here's a little clip of "I Like it, I Love it, I Want Some More of it." That is not me cheering or singing along that you can hear, it was the drunk people next to us. Sorry it's so blurry, we were pretty far away. And I hope I don't get in trouble for some copyright violation for posting this.


6 comments:

Christina said...

Oh I love Tim, how awesome!! And the pic is great, you both look adorable!!

Kristy said...

I must admit, I am a little bit jealous!! I am glad that you had fun :o)

shelly said...

It seems like you two are always going on such fun dates! I'm disappointed that you didn't post a picture of the shirtless-overall-clad man, though. :) j/k

Courtney said...

oh i'm sooo jealous! you guys do the coolest stuff! good for you!-- it's not like timmy's here all the time.

Corpuz Family said...

Matt was always a country fan...He loved Tim McGraw growing up. It's good to see you go out and see him live Matt!!! Good Job!!!

Liz said...

I LOVE the image of you two trying to get a picture from someone sober...I'm glad some can multi task, because the posted picture looks great. Sounds like a good time!